Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Connecting to Impala through JDBC

Talend data fabric 6.3 enterprise
Impala - Cloudera Hadoop 5.7 with Kerberos
When trying to connect with tImpalaConnection I get:
"Exception in component tImpalaConnection java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Unrecognized Hadoop major version number: 0.20.205.0"
When trying to create a connection through meta data I get "Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.
  java.sql.SQLException: java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Can't get Kerberos realm"
When working through the shell with impala shell using kinit and a key tab it works.
I wanted to install a different JDBC driver, but couldnt find a suitable guide for that.
Any ideas?
Labels (4)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,
Are you using two different realm in kerberos client?
Best regards
Sabrina
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Only one realm.
We have an all-in-one cloudera server+AD/DC server+windows workstation with Talend. Trying to connect from the workstation.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,
Could you please report a ticket on talend support portal for your  Talend data fabric 6.3 product? In this way, we can give you a remote assistance(webex)on this connection issue to see if it is a bug through support cycle with priority.
Best regards
Sabrina