Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dynamic schema alternative in Open Studio

Hi

I'm new to Talend so apologies if this is too much of a rookie question.

I've read a lot of posts saying Dynamic schema is not available on the open studio version of Talend and the suggested alternatives I've seen all solve the problem of mapping fields that are known before hand. e.g. Source table has columns 1 to 5 then rearrange(map) the order to match the target table.

My problem is I'd like to be able to "call" a predefined schema from the Metadata or just a file, at run time so that I pass the schema as a parameter and repeat this changing the schema based on my input list. This would be useful if I can use such a parameter to edit things like the Map editor for the tMap component.

I hope this isn't too far fetched using context.Variables or something similar.

Please advise on what my options are with this without using the Enterprise version.

Thank you

Labels (2)
15 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @saibharadwaj 

Are you looking for dynamic schema feature in talend open source?

Could you please give us some background of your job? We will see if there is any alternative solution for you.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I know this is a question asked long back, nevertheless, I have come up with a solution to deal with files with different schema to be processed in one job.

http://www.rajeshsirsikar.com/dynamic-schema-in-talend-open-studio/

Thanks

wcfsmart
Contributor
Contributor

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/tos-dynamic-schema-load-any-file-same-job-maurice-dongmo/

kotvir
Contributor
Contributor

@Xiaodi Shi​ Any plan for incorporating Dynamic schema in Talend Open Studio (non enterprise version) or some alternative ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

So far, there is no plan for incorporating Dynamic schema in Talend Open Studio.

With the alternative solution, please give us more description about your specific requirement, such as, capturing changed data only...

Best regards

Sabrina

kotvir
Contributor
Contributor

So we have a verticle table which we are transposing rows to column to another table using tPivotToColumns in Talend.

The catch here is, no. of columns may vary in the verticle table, have a look at below example.

0695b00000HuKjfAAF.png