Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mclee
Contributor III
Contributor III

[FATAL] Error using tBigQueryInput

Dear All,

I encountered an error while using tBigQueryInput component to extract data

Simple flow as below but run with ERROR

0683p000009LyHO.png

Hit the ERROR below
0683p000009LyJk.png

Double checked and confirmed the authentication is all good. Query is able to run in Google BigQuery.

0683p000009LyNv.png0683p000009LyK4.png

The table is actually raw data from google analytics

0683p000009Ly49.png

I also try to setup a free Trial Google BigQuery, import some simple data set. Setup bigquery connection using the same method and was able to extract data, this is to confirm that my connection setup method is correct. 

0683p000009LyS0.png

Any idea what could possibly caused the ERROR above? Tried to google but still couldn't find the resolution.

Regards,

MC Lee

Labels (4)
9 Replies
aashish_21nov
Creator
Creator

try to run the query without square brackets or in tBigQueryInput defined schema, tick visitorID nullable.

mclee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi aashish,

Thanks for the reply. I had tried:-
1. query without square brackets
2. visitorID nullable
3. Both 1 and 2 together

Still it threw me the same FATAL error.

MC Lee
aashish_21nov
Creator
Creator

make changes in defined schema accept null value,

Also make changes in your query as below:

"SELECT visitorID,visitorNumber,visitID from 445885.ga_sessions_2018067 LIMIT 100"

I have removed colon from the respective query

mclee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, exactly the same configuration and query yet still throw the same error

0683p000009LyS5.png

aashish_21nov
Creator
Creator

okay, i saw a slash in your code tab. I believe you need to handle that.

mclee
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

That is the Authentication Code provided by Google BigQuery, modifying that will cause authentication fail

MC Lee
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Guys

I am getting a similar error. I have entered the correct client Id and secret and as per the documentation when I execute the job I should be given a URL to get the authorization code. Instead I get the following exception

Exception in component tBigQueryInput_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.google.api.client.repackaged.com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:191)
 at com.google.api.client.util.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:127)
 at com.google.api.client.json.jackson2.JacksonFactory.createJsonParser(JacksonFactory.java:92)
 at com.google.api.client.json.JsonObjectParser.parseAndClose(JsonObjectParser.java:85)
 at com.google.api.client.json.JsonObjectParser.parseAndClose(JsonObjectParser.java:81)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenResponseException.from(TokenResponseException.java:88)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenRequest.executeUnparsed(TokenRequest.java:287)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenRequest.execute(TokenRequest.java:307)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.Credential.executeRefreshToken(Credential.java:570)
 at com.google.api.client.googleapis.auth.oauth2.GoogleCredential.executeRefreshToken(GoogleCredential.java:362)
[statistics] disconnected
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.Credential.refreshToken(Credential.java:489)
 at

Any clues what could be wrong. The job is simple BigqueryInput to tLogRow.

Thank You

Sid

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you running a query with tBigQueryInput, that results with zero rows?

Here exists a jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TBD-1593.

This issue has been fixed on 5.5.3, 5.6.2, 6.0.0M5.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

I habe the same problem! I have entered the correct client Id and secret. when I execute the job I should be given a URL to get the authorization code. Instead I get the following exception

Exception in component tBigQueryInput_1
java.lang.NullPointerException
 at com.google.api.client.repackaged.com.google.common.base.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:191)
 at com.google.api.client.util.Preconditions.checkNotNull(Preconditions.java:127)
 at com.google.api.client.json.jackson2.JacksonFactory.createJsonParser(JacksonFactory.java:92)
 at com.google.api.client.json.JsonObjectParser.parseAndClose(JsonObjectParser.java:85)
 at com.google.api.client.json.JsonObjectParser.parseAndClose(JsonObjectParser.java:81)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenResponseException.from(TokenResponseException.java:88)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenRequest.executeUnparsed(TokenRequest.java:287)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.TokenRequest.execute(TokenRequest.java:307)
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.Credential.executeRefreshToken(Credential.java:570)
 at com.google.api.client.googleapis.auth.oauth2.GoogleCredential.executeRefreshToken(GoogleCredential.java:362)
[statistics] disconnected
 at com.google.api.client.auth.oauth2.Credential.refreshToken(Credential.java:489)
 at

Can someone help?