Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nanda1
Contributor
Contributor

GPG Binary path specifications for the tGPGDecrypt component on Talend remote engine

Hi,

I am using tGPGDecrypt component to decrypt an input file. I have generated the PGP keys in my local.

While developing the same job in Talend open studio, for GPG Binary Path I have specified the path as "/usr/local/bin/gpg" which is running as expected. I have moved the job to cloud which is using a Talend remote engine in background(Linux/ubuntu server).

Imported the keys on to the server and while listing the keys I do see the keys under ".gnupg/". I specified a path "/usr/bin/gpg" which executes with exit 0 but I dont see the decrypting file getting downloaded. Tried the same with "/usr/bin/gpg2", "/bin/gpg" But nothing looks working.

I see gpg --version gpg (GnuPG) 2.0.22 on the server.

Any suggestions what the GPG Binary Path needs to be ?

Thanks

Nanda

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are supposing that you have already checked online component reference about: TalendHelpCenter: tGPGDecrypt and related scenario: TalendHelpCenter: Decrypting a GnuPG-encrypted file and display its content

In the tGPGDecrypt component, for GPG binary path, I usually give the executable of the program we are using and please make sure you get local admin rights on your machine.

0695b00000QD1jgAAD.pngBest regards

Sabrina