Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
j_
Contributor
Contributor

Get parameter name and value from row values

Hi,

I​ have a requirement as follows.

I​ have to create a parameter file and pass the values to child job.

I have created a job by looking all orchestration table ​a final output file is create

Parametername parametervalue processid parameterid

Name1​ value 1 1 1

Name2 value 2 1 2

Name 3 value 3​ 1 3

Now i have to assign

Name1=value1

Name2 =value2

Name3=value3

Pass this parameter to next job to filter out the​ file based on name1 ,name2,name3 context variable

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @jayanthi Ganesan​,

I may have completely misunderstood your requirement but this series of blogs I have written may help or give you a few ideas to work on this solution yourself.

https://www.talend.com/resources/best-practices-for-using-context-variables-part-1/

Regards

Richard

j_
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Rhall,

The post is so detailed to work on the context variable.

I just have a small doubt ...My job generates the context name (Key) and value only during run time and we don't use database...I have to store the key and value in file and access the file to assign the key to value and load in the child job ..

Is that possible ?

Regards,

Jayanthi

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why can you not pass the data directly to your child job via the context variables in the tRunJob? That would be far easier. But if there is a reason why this cannot be done, it should be very easy to write out to a file in your parent job and then read that file into your child job.

Slotherworld
Contributor II
Contributor II

Many thanks for that complete information! tellpizzahut