Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Handling of success and failure

Hi,

I want to create a job through which we want to handle the success and failures of the steps. Can some one please tell me how this can be done. Some tutorial or video for this could be of very much help.

Here is an example for your reference

Suppose we are fetching the results from stored procedure using tMSSQLSP component. How ever stored procedure got failed in that case we need to send email to the administrator informing him about the failure. And in case of success of stored procedure we want results fetched from tMSSQLSP component to be inserted to some data base table.

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TRF
Creator III
Creator III

In most cases you should use a tLogCatcher to catch events such as warnings, errors or exceptions and decide in one place what to do when such an event occurs (log messages, send emails or anything else).

View solution in original post

5 Replies
lojdr
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

Have you tried something like this?

0683p000009LsUR.jpg

Regards
lojdr

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

In most cases you should use a tLogCatcher to catch events such as warnings, errors or exceptions and decide in one place what to do when such an event occurs (log messages, send emails or anything else).
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Thanks for the answer.

When an exception occurs I want to log that error message in my data base table. for that I am using

tLogCatcher_1 > tMSSQLSP_2

Through tMSSQLSP_2  i am calling a stored procedure which will log the error message in to the data base table. But I am not getting the way to fetch the error message which caused flow to come to tLogCatcher_1.

Can some one please help me on this?

Regards

Tarunjit Singh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have solved this issue. I got error message through tLogCatcher schema and got that error message in tMSSQLSP.

Thanks for helping.

TRF
Creator III
Creator III

Great!

Thank's to mark this case as solved (Kudos also accepted).