Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AMale
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to connect to snowSQL with tSystem in Talend

Hi everyone, 

I have a problem with the tSystem component in Talend. I'm trying to connect to snowsql with tSystem.

But my problem is : after puting 'snowsql -a ACOUNT -u USER' like this  
1.PNG
And as you can see, I also put in my password. The problem is, when you try to connect to snowsql it is not in 1 step, but 2. 
First the command 'snowsql -a ACOUNT -u USER' then you enter your password when powershell ask you to.

When I run the tSystem showed before, I have this error message : 
2.png
Where behind the blue is my real password. 

How can I fix this to succesfully connect to snowsql please ? 

The real goal is then to run a 'PUT file into a interne stage' in Snowflake with Powershell.

Thanks !

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AMale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi everyone, 

For the records, my objective was to send files from a local environnement ( VM or local computer ) to Snowflake. 
I though I had to pass only by snowSQL on PowerShell, that's why I was thinking of the tSystem component on Talend. I did'nt succed to use the tSystem component. 

Anyway, It is possible to do it by SSH, by using the tDBOutputBulk component or just a tDBRow with the PUT command inside. 

AMale_0-1712656621551.png

Thank you Sabrina for your help. 

Best regards,

AMale

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Xiaodi_Shi
Support
Support

Hello,

Could you please let us know if this support article help for your case?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Can-I-execute-multiple-commands-at-one-time-...

Best regards

Sabrina

AMale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hello Sabrina
Indeed, using the "Use Sungle Command" option with your solution I no longer have any errors on my Talend's terminal. 
I have this : 

AMale_0-1711098379316.png

But this still cannot PUT my local files on my Computer, to the INTERNAL STAGE of Snowflake. 

I also tried to use the command I use on my tSystem component directly on PowerShell.
Like this : cmd c / " my commands " 

AMale_1-1711098893088.png
As you can see, on Powershell it still ask me for the password "in prompt". 

Do you have an idea to solve this on Talend please ?

Best regards 

Alexis 

AMale
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi everyone, 

For the records, my objective was to send files from a local environnement ( VM or local computer ) to Snowflake. 
I though I had to pass only by snowSQL on PowerShell, that's why I was thinking of the tSystem component on Talend. I did'nt succed to use the tSystem component. 

Anyway, It is possible to do it by SSH, by using the tDBOutputBulk component or just a tDBRow with the PUT command inside. 

AMale_0-1712656621551.png

Thank you Sabrina for your help. 

Best regards,

AMale