Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

How to resolve JVM compatibility issues in Talend commandline

Hi everyone I'm executing a job on Talend 6.3.1 on the commandline using this command :

executeJob job_name -i /etc/alternatives/jre_1.8.0_openjdk/bin/java -jc DEV

and I always get the following error.

Error Line: 8113 Detail Message: com.jcraft cannot be resolved to a type

The job is using an SFTP component that calls the jsch-0.1.53.jar, the jar is present in the job but for some reason it doesn't seem to find it. The commandline log shows :

!MESSAGE 2019-10-14 17:40:29,926 INFO org.talend.commons.exception.CommonExceptionHandler - Missing jars: jsch-0.1.53.jar

We also checked if the problem was the jdk version we're using but no results so far.

The job works perfectly fine when executed on the studio or even when built then executed on the server just not on the commandline.

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello again,

I finally managed to resolve the problem. it was the .m2 folder in the commandline repertory.

So basically I replaced the cmdline/studio/configuration/.m2 folder by the one in my Talend-studio in <Talend-Studio>\studio\configuration and it works perfectly.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Talend added support for OpenJDK as from the 7.1.1 version and we added support for OpenJDK 8 Zulu

For Talend 6.3.1, please use oracle JDK.

For more information, please refer to this online installation guide:https://help.talend.com/reader/kZpGu~yT0plD2xH8PF6ONQ/QiBwsPB_OFS64lEACkDWEQ 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

First of all thank you for your answer.

We were using the openJDK and it was working fine so far, but these last days for some reason on our jobs using SFTP component (and there are many) we get the incompatibility error (Missing jars: jsch-0.1.53.jar)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello again,

I finally managed to resolve the problem. it was the .m2 folder in the commandline repertory.

So basically I replaced the cmdline/studio/configuration/.m2 folder by the one in my Talend-studio in <Talend-Studio>\studio\configuration and it works perfectly.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Great it works. Thanks for sharing it on community.

Best regards

Sabrina