Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Methodology to Download a file from Sharepoint (residing in a private network)

Hello all,
I need your help.

I need to create a Job that allows me to download an excel file from Sharepoint. The sharepoint "folder" that I need to access is inside a company private network.
When I access the folder via web link I need to authenticate with my credential and then add a random key generated by the application PingID. Once that my credentials are verified I can access the sharepoint page.

Is there a specific way to accomplish the download via talend? Do I need to have a keystore to allow my user to connect?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You will need to use a tFileFetch and follow this specification. I've not done this, but I would suggest using the tFileFetch's Header options to supply your credentials.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sharepoint/dev/sp-add-ins/working-with-folders-and-files-with-rest

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@rhall
thank you for your advice. Could you tell me how to use the tFileFetch's Header options to supply my credentials? I have checked online, but I don't get how this component works.

Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You should set your tFileFetch URL to http://site url/_api/web/GetFolderByServerRelativeUrl('/Folder Name')/Files('file name')/$value

I'm not sure what $value should be. I can't try it out I'm afraid. The API is not very clear here.

When it comes to the headers, you will need to create a header called "Authorization" and in its value add .....

"Bearer "+context.AccessToken

You will have to use the API to get your AccessToken first.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi MargaZ,

Thanks for this post!

Did you get an answer to this question? If so, could you share how to do it?

Thank you