Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMurphy1703184287
Contributor II
Contributor II

Need Created Date of File; Not Modified (mtime)

I have a current job that grabs images from a folder and uploads them if their Modified date time is AFTER the last upload date.  Problem is... I have images with dates like this...

Created Date: June 11, 2024

Modified Date: May 20, 2024

How is the Created Date AFTER the Modified Date?  Because of this - these images are not being caught.  I think the June 11th date is when the images are being copied into my shared folder; but May 20th is when the graphic was actually created and edited?

I know tFileProperties will give me mtime - is there a "ctime" that tells me the created date/time?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

@SMurphy1703184287 Created Date: the date when the file is created or moved to a new folder.  tFileProperties only returns the modified date, you can use this piece of Java code on tJava to get the created date. 

Path file = Paths.get("D:/shong/out.txt");
BasicFileAttributes attr = Files.readAttributes(file, BasicFileAttributes.class);

System.out.println("creationTime: " + attr.creationTime());

tJava's Advanced Settings tab:

import java.nio.file.Files;
import java.nio.file.Path;
import java.nio.file.Paths;
import java.nio.file.attribute.BasicFileAttributes;

2024-07-03_16-44-06.png

Regards

Shicong

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Shicong_Hong
Support
Support

@SMurphy1703184287 Created Date: the date when the file is created or moved to a new folder.  tFileProperties only returns the modified date, you can use this piece of Java code on tJava to get the created date. 

Path file = Paths.get("D:/shong/out.txt");
BasicFileAttributes attr = Files.readAttributes(file, BasicFileAttributes.class);

System.out.println("creationTime: " + attr.creationTime());

tJava's Advanced Settings tab:

import java.nio.file.Files;
import java.nio.file.Path;
import java.nio.file.Paths;
import java.nio.file.attribute.BasicFileAttributes;

2024-07-03_16-44-06.png

Regards

Shicong

SMurphy1703184287
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you!  I haven't had time to try this out - but I think this is what I'm looking for!