Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

PGP encryption in Talend Cloud Integration

I'm new to this community, please bear with me if this topic isn't in the correct community section.

In one of our integration scenarios we need to encrypt and decrypt files using PGP. I found that Talend studio supports this via the tFilePGPEncrypt plugin. The package explorer doesn't show this plugin as supported by the iPaas Talend cloud integration offering.

Does anyone know if PGP encryption/decryption could be supported in the cloud version ?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

tFileEncryptPGP is a Talend Exchange component created by the community. You can find it at

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%...

It will also work with Talend Integration Cloud

View solution in original post

11 Replies
hami1
Creator
Creator

I am not sure whether these components available in Cloud Version, But I have used these component tGPGDecrypt for Conversion of PGP File into equivalent .txt Format in Talend Open Studio.

Thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

tFileEncryptPGP is a Talend Exchange component created by the community. You can find it at

https://exchange.talend.com/#marketplaceproductoverview:marketplace=marketplace%252F1&p=marketplace%...

It will also work with Talend Integration Cloud

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Thomas for the confirmation.

Is it possible to update the talend exchange listing for this plugin, because it is listed as support for Talend studio only ?

Regards,

Leon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Thomas,

I applied for a trial on talend cloud and loaded one of the examples. When adding an additional connector i'm unable to add the file encrypt plugin as it doesn't appear in the 'cloud compatible' plugins. 

I assume you must build a solution with talend studio and export this to the cloud platform. Could you confirm this ?

Regards,

Leon

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Leon,

yes, you correct: the components you find in exchange are meant to be imported in Studio. They become part of the jobs you build there. Then you use Publish to Cloud from Studio to make the jobs available there.

The cloud actions are readily built jobs catering for a specific use case - typically some wrapped input or output.

HTH

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Great, that explains a lot.

Thanks again Thomas.

Subash1
Contributor
Contributor

but this tfileencrypt is not compatilbe with all version of talend. i downloaded it and while impoting to studio..it didnt appeared in the pallette or in the designer job. I am using talend version 7.

Is there any other component for encryption in talend?

chafer
Contributor
Contributor

@subz see the link below on how to add the exchange file to your Talend Studio.

I created an "customComponents' folder to put the Exchange Components in. I unzipped the downloaded Exchange component and put that folder in it. Then I added the path to the 'customComponents' as the path for Studio's component folder.   

https://help.talend.com/reader/2AWmA~w4VvlfP3JC7dTR2w/Kvx1JE1dQGJgGhfFoHK8xA 

SGANGULYy
Contributor II
Contributor II

Can any one share the java code..my company will not allow exchange component