Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SMader
Contributor
Contributor

Parsing JSON with tExtractJSONFields (Again)

New to Talend and Talend Open Studio, at this early stage playing around with different components to understand and later start designing data integration scenarios.

Using Talend Open Studio 8.0.1 on an Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS hosted on a M1 MAC (ARM64).

I've set up an extremely basic REST service that returns a list of employees:

{"Employees":[{"id":1,"name":"Jane Doe","age":"22"},{"id":2,"name":"John Doe","age":"31"}]}

Using the TRest component and the tExtractJSONFields to "do" something with attributes of each employee.

0695b00000YCA8jAAH.png

But I just cannot edit the mapping of the tExtractJSONFields component!

I cannot add any lines to the mapping (although I've really tried hard ...).

I've seen demos, read and reread the documentation, they all show a clean and what seems to be an easy to edit and obtain a mapping.

I'm stuck with a mapping table that only provides one line (and with again no way to add any more lines).

This unique line contains

• a value for the Column column with "body" as a value but that I cannot change
  • and a "Json query" column but that's useless because I can't change the column value and cannot add any lines anyway

0695b00000YCAGdAAP.png 

What am I getting wrong ? I'm probably missing something.

And why can't I add lines and edit the Column values ?

Is the problem tied to a misunderstanding on my part of how to go about doing the mapping or is it potentially caused by a GUI problem on Eclipse running on Ubuntu ?

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SMader
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OK, just needed to create a json schema and reference it.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SMader
Contributor
Contributor
Author

OK, just needed to create a json schema and reference it.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for letting us know you've resolved this issue by yourself.

Best regards

Sabrina