Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rohitpatil1993
Contributor II
Contributor II

READ & WRITE Operation for SALESFORCE

Hello

My talend jobs mostly deal with reading or writing data on Salesforce. However, I face many issues while converting from one datatype to another. 

For Reading operations, such as read from salesforce and write a CSV file , I use String as datatype for every field and don't see any problem.
Whereas while writing to salesforce from CSV file I read all the data from file as string but then in tMap I convert to required datatype as per Mapping provided for Salesforce Objects.

Can you please verify if my understanding about this subject is correct ? Please Do not hesitate to correct me.

Also I have never performed write/read between (Bi-directional) Salesforce & Oracle or any relational database. Can you please share your knowledge on this part as well regarding handling datatype of both Source and Target.

Thank you for reading.

Labels (2)
1 Reply
manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

If your csv, does have correct then you can directly read the data type which you are having slaesforce, otherwise,what ever you are doing correct since you to convert the data types inter between after reading and before writing.