Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SG618233979
Contributor
Contributor

Reuse exisiting outputs / don't create new output

Hello,

I am a complete talend beginner. Currently I am trying to transform data from a database into a tXMLMap using a simple example. Originally the output to the tXMLMap was a tLogRow. Now I would like to replace the tLogRow with another output.

Unfortunately I have not found a way to continue using my existing output. As soon as I attach another component it always tries to create a new output. Is there any possibility to attach already existing outputs to another component?

In the example (see screenshots) you can see how I want to append the existing output "out11" to tLogRow, but this does not work.

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
gjeremy1617088143

Hi you can create a new output in the xml map , or you can use a tReplicate instead of tLogrow , to have one or more identical output .

Send me Love and Kudos

gjeremy1617088143

and you can't name a new output the same as an already existing output

SG618233979
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your support. I know that I can create a new one, but If i've already done some extensive mapping inside the map this is not really productive. I need to create a new output and re-do the whole mapping? I've just starting learning talend and if that is the case I'm rather going to look for another tool.

gjeremy1617088143

you can write it on a temp file and use this file at any time, or use buffer with component like tBuffer or tHash, to stock it in a buffer and read it at any time you want.

Send me love and Kudos