Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SG618233979
Contributor
Contributor

Reuse exisiting outputs / don't create new output

Hello,

I am a complete talend beginner. Currently I am trying to transform data from a database into a tXMLMap using a simple example. Originally the output to the tXMLMap was a tLogRow. Now I would like to replace the tLogRow with another output.

Unfortunately I have not found a way to continue using my existing output. As soon as I attach another component it always tries to create a new output. Is there any possibility to attach already existing outputs to another component?

In the example (see screenshots) you can see how I want to append the existing output "out11" to tLogRow, but this does not work.

Thanks a lot!

Labels (2)
4 Replies
gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

Hi you can create a new output in the xml map , or you can use a tReplicate instead of tLogrow , to have one or more identical output .

Send me Love and Kudos

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

and you can't name a new output the same as an already existing output

SG618233979
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thanks for your support. I know that I can create a new one, but If i've already done some extensive mapping inside the map this is not really productive. I need to create a new output and re-do the whole mapping? I've just starting learning talend and if that is the case I'm rather going to look for another tool.

gjeremy1617088143
Creator III
Creator III

you can write it on a temp file and use this file at any time, or use buffer with component like tBuffer or tHash, to stock it in a buffer and read it at any time you want.

Send me love and Kudos