Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Run of the job stopped by an FTP error (~"Die on error" unchecked)

Good Morning,

the purpose of my job is transferring files connecting to multiple ftp whose connection parameters are retrieved from a database.

The directory containing the files to be delivered is scanned and the files are sent to the expected ftp.

There are two main loops in my job as can be seen on the screenshot.

I have some trouble on the FTP part of my job as described below :

While the two FTP components have their "Die on error" parameter unchecked, my job isn't reliable if an ftp server is not available or is returning an error code.

The error is not caught as expected.

Indeed my job fails at the first error, for example a bad password, and my job will quit while I would like it to continue and process the waiting files for the remaining ftp.

=> How can I make the ftp components truly "fail-proof" (ignore the rotten apple) ?

Thank you for your answer.

0683p000009LshQ.pngglobal screenshot of the job0683p000009Lslm.pngfirst FTP component parameters0683p000009LsjB.pngsecond FTP component parameters

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

You can use tContextLoad or implicit tContextLoad to retrieve your FTP connection parameters from a database.

The first part can be triggered the next subjob by using "OnSubJobOk" connection type on the condition that the main subjob completed without error. This connection is to be used only from the start component of the Job. 

The workflow looks like:

t<DB>Input-->tContextLoad

|

onsubjobOK

|

FTP part.

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Good Morning,

retrieving the ftp parameters and creating a successful connection was OK, I managed to do the first loop, thank you.

My problem is actually on the second loop, handling errors in ftp transfers : 

what I observe is that my job fails if there's any connection error on a ftp, for example a timeout, a bad password, a wrong host, etc, whereas I want my job to continue and process the next files and their related ftps remaining in the queue.

Please note that while the "Die on error" parameter of the ftp components is uncheked my job still "dies".

A design with a job for the first loop and a subjob for the ftp part (second loop) would make it "fail-proof" ?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Jacky Siveton.

iztoogood
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi all,

I've got the same issue... and i'm really interested in the solution.

as well if the connections settings are embedded in a tFTPPut or if they are inherited from an existing tFTPConnection

Is there a solution arround "run if" and the "__DIE_ON_ERROR__" variable ?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I'm also having this same problem. Has anyone found a solution ?