Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deepTalley
Contributor
Contributor

SAP user permissions necessary for tSAPBapi?

Hi,

is there anywhere a list of permissions available for the user connecting to a SAP system? Or a list of the function modules the tSAPBapi component is calling (beside the one you are specifying in the "SAP Function" parameter)?

I'm trying to use the tSAPBapi component and this tries to call RFCPING and RFC_GET_FUNCTION_INTERFACE function modules. Of course the user has to be authorized to call these functions. Are there any other functions the Talend components are using in the background?

Labels (2)
3 Replies
deepTalley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

As far as I have tracked it down a tSAPBapi is calling these function modules:

• RFCPING
  • RFC_GET_FUNCTION_INTERFACE
  • DDIF_FIELDINFO_GET

Additionally, when retrieving BAPIs from the SAP Connections tree entry (menu item Retrieve Bapi) it is calling this function module:

• RFC_FUNCTION_SEARCH

However, it would be nice if Talend has a documentation on this topic.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Here exists a new feature jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TDI-26647

Best regards

Sabrina

deepTalley
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Sabrina, 

thanks for your reply. The issue you mentioned is about SSO authentication. My question is about the RFC modules the tSAPBapi component is using, in order to authorize a SAP RFC user to use tSAPBapi.

Best regards

Guido