Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Selina1
Contributor
Contributor

Salesforce Module Name not selectable

Hello,

I am using Talend Data Management Platform 6.4.1.20170926_0449-patch. The Talend job of connecting to Salesforce was upgraded from 6.2.1 to 6.4.1 recently. Job can connect to Salesforce and pull data without any problem.

0683p000009LryO.png

However, if I tried to change the Module Name from Account to other module by clicking "......", it hangs there forever.

0683p000009Lrsh.png

0683p000009Lrj6.png

Here is my connection string

0683p000009LrWg.png

Connection String should be fine because I can run the job to connect to SF without issue. The problem is I can not change the existing module. I also tried to create a new tSalesforceInput, I can not select module neither. 

Does anyone have this issue? I can not test if 6.2.1 have this issue because our servers were decommissioned already.

Any help would be much appreciated!

Yan

Labels (3)
13 Replies
TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Hi,
Are context variables populated using an external file or database?
If so, try to defined default values for these variables in context tab.
Hope this helps.
Selina1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you TRF!

Yes, context variables are defined in context tab, not populated from external file or DB.

Thank you!

Yan

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Sounds like a bug.

Works fine with Talend DI.

Sorry to be unable to help you.

Selina1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much for trying to help!

What is your production full name and version?

Yan

TRF
Champion II
Champion II

Talend Open Studio for Data Integration
Version: 6.4.1
Build: 20170623_1246
Selina1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you very much! I will open a support ticket to see and update here for the solution. 

Yan

Selina1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

It is not I forgot to update you guys. I have not got solution from Talend Support. My ticket has been opened about two month, they even have not been able to reproduce the issue I have  --- It is not that they could not reproduce the problem after they followed my instruction, it is they have been not able to exactly follow my instruction. They once responded to me not being able to reproduce my issue and I found they missed one step in my instruction. They are very unresponsive, almost never updated me until I checked status. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello ,

Thanks for letting us your current situation. Would you mind giving us your case ID and we will check it with support team about your issue?

Our apologies for the inconvenience and unresponsive. We'll keep you posted as soon as we can.

Best regards

Sabrina

Selina1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you Sabrina!

Here is the case number --  Case# 00087546 - SalesForce connect to upload data