Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Service Now Components (tServiceNowConnection)

This may be more of a how-to question - but I was wondering if anyone has any experience using the Service Now Components available in Talend Integration Services?

Labels (2)
17 Replies
sonalijagtap
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

When I am trying to save the certificate from site, it's extension is .cer but in the tsetkeystore, it is asking for
.Truststore &.keystore files.

How this files are generated?

Thanks,
Sonali Jagtap

rsaliba1122
Contributor
Contributor

The steps I took to make the ServiceNow component work:

1. Download the certificate for service-now using a browser (you can easily google how to do this). I initially downloaded the cert given from my laptop and it was different from my virtual machine that was running Talend, so be careful of this. I named the cert "servicenow_zscaler.cer".
2. Using command line
* Browse to a directory that you want to create the truststore
* Run keytool -import -file "servicenow_zscaler.cer" -alias servicenow_zscaler -keystore talend_truststore -storepass talend
* This should have created a file called talend_truststore in your current directory
3. Created a job that used this truststore with the Talend tSetKeystore component.
4. Configured tServiceNowInput normally and ran the job

[cid:image001.jpg@01D47FE9.4B0FC820]

sonalijagtap
Contributor III
Contributor III

0683p000009M1Yb.png

sonalijagtap
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi,

Now I am connected to ServiceNow, But while retrieving the data from Incident table, I am getting the attached error.

Kindly let me know your comments
rsaliba1122
Contributor
Contributor

You still need to have a keystore component pointing to your Certificate prior to your Service Now Connection

Something like this

0683p000009M0sD.jpg

Yuagen0
Contributor
Contributor

I tried many time with Tsetkeystore and Tservicenowconnection, It still will be display the below error message. I have already done for create the JKS file and import the certificate to the JKS file. May I know who can give me any tips for this issue?

Exception in component tServiceNowConnection_1 (testserver)

javax.net.ssl.SSLException: java.net.SocketException: Connection reset

at sun.security.ssl.Alert.createSSLException(Unknown Source)

at sun.security.ssl.TransportContext.fatal(Unknown Source)

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

It looks like you are using a proxy on your machine.

Are you able to run requests with tRestClient successfully?

Best regards

Sabrina

Yuagen0
Contributor
Contributor

I didn't try it with tRestClient! but I'm not sure we have proxy . May I know which information can see using proxy?