Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ary96
Contributor
Contributor

Special Characteres

Hi, i already made a post like this but i didnt find an answer to my problem, so im making it again with more info .

I use talend 6.5 and i have problem with the special characters in talend, talend doesnt recognize 'Ñ' or 'ó'  and i have to use them .  i cant use the option of puting it in advanced setting like ISO-8859-15 because i use it with the special characteres in all my jobs. i dont know where is my problem Smiley Sad

in the last photo i show you how it shows me the info (it has to be "Devolución al cliente" and it shows me "Devoluci?n al cliente")

i will wait for your answers, thanks!

0683p000009MaLv.jpg0683p000009MaM0.jpg

Labels (5)
5 Replies
Ary96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I didnt post the last  image sorry Smiley Very Happy

0683p000009MaM5.jpg

Ary96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I didnt post the last  image sorry Smiley Very Happy

0683p000009MaM5.jpg

Prakhar1
Creator III
Creator III

Hi @Ary96 ,

You can refer below link 

http://talendhowto.com/2017/09/02/add-encoding-batch-file/

or also can view same issue in below link

https://community.talend.com/t5/Design-and-Development/Handling-special-characters/td-p/25169

Don't forget to give Kudos and Accept it as Solution if it solves your issue  Smiley Very Happy

Ary96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

is there some general solution? like a configuration in some place from talend to do this?

thanks!

Ary96
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I tried using this solution and it didnt work. I used the following code in (Edit Project Properties/Build/Shell setting/Bat):

%~d0

cd %~dp0

java -Dfile.encoding)=utf-8 ${talend.job.jvmargs} -cp ${talend.job.bat.classpath} ${talend.job.class} ${talend.job.bat.addition} %* 

and if i export the project and run it i still have the same problem0693p000008uw2VAAQ.jpg

EDIT:

i don't know if it serves for something but if i run the .bat this is the message

0693p000008uwCaAAI.jpg

please help? thanks!