Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Taking long time moving files from local to azure blob

I am trying to moves files from Remote Job server(RJS) which is in azure to azure blob i am using components named tazurestorageput, tfilelist it is taking almost 2 hrs to moves files from local to azure which is about 1.5 GB of size , why my talend job taking that much time

Labels (3)
3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

There are multiple factors which affects file movement. For example, network bandwidth is an important factor. Hope you are having high bandwidth of network. The next one might be memory used by your job. Could you increase the Talend memory parameters and see whether there is any performance improvement?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

How can i increase talend memory parameters

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please refer the below screen shot to know where you can change. You can change the Xmx parameter from 1 GB to 4 GB as a starting point.

0683p000009M819.png

But please note that you cannot increase the memory parameters infinitely. End of day, it depends on the underlying server capabilities from where you are trying to run the job.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved