Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sree123
Contributor
Contributor

Talend to MSSQL server connectivity using windows authentication

I need to create a MSSQL server DB connection using windows authentication. I am able to open SSMS using windows authentication, right now I don't have SQL server authentication login credentials.When I tired to create the connection it is showing an error.Can anyone help me on this.

This is the error i am getting it.

Connection failure. You must change the Database Settings.

java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'sree0217'.

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:195)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1095)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:315)

at org.talend.metadata.managment.repository.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:289)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:3983)

at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$62.runWithCancel(DatabaseForm.java:1)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$1.runnableWithCancel(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:77)

at org.talend.repository.ui.dialog.AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel$ARunnableWithProgressCancel$1.call(AProgressMonitorDialogWithCancel.java:161)

at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748)

Caused by: java.sql.SQLException: Login failed for user 'sree0217'.

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.SQLDiagnostic.addDiagnostic(SQLDiagnostic.java:372)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.tdsErrorToken(TdsCore.java:2988)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.nextToken(TdsCore.java:2421)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.TdsCore.login(TdsCore.java:632)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.JtdsConnection.<init>(JtdsConnection.java:371)

at net.sourceforge.jtds.jdbc.Driver.connect(Driver.java:184)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.DriverShim.connect(DriverShim.java:41)

at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:186)

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you confirmed that the user/pass you are using works? Have you been able to use that username/password combination to log in from outside of Talend?

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable

As per stack trace, account not set-up correctly hence please flag to your MS SQL Server Admin Team.

For example: https://www.guru99.com/sql-server-create-user.html

sree123
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I don't have SSMS in my desktop but Using Remote desktop connection I am able to login.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We will appreciate it a lot if you could upload your MSSQL server DB connection screenshot here with masked sensitive data.

Please ensure that the login, password, server, port, and database fields are blank. If you are doing Windows Authentication, you need to specify them in the connection string, not in the fields.

Best regards

Sabrina