Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

convertion of csv to tde get time

Hi,
I have a job that converts all CSV files in a folder into TDE. Once conversion is done, I have a subjob that will copy all generated TDE files to another destination. I do not know when the conversion will finished completely and trigger the subjob to run though I have used the SUBJOB OK trigger. Please see screen shot.
0683p000009MD7G.pngNow what I did is check the file size of the TDE generated using the tTableauExtractOutput component. If it is more than 30KB then it will execute the subjob but this also does not work. No file is copied. Please help. Thanks!
Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You don't need runIf trigger, if all the conversions are finished, the next subjob linked with onsubJobOK will be executed. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Shong,
I also did that but the requirement should be all csv files must be converted first before running the next job. But the next subjob was executed before the conversion was finished because I added the condition that if it was more than 30KB then the file will be copied because it was converted completely. Is there a way that I would know when the conversion of csv to tde will be finished?
Regards!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I also did that but the requirement should be all csv files must be converted first before running the next job. 

If you use onsubjobok link like:
tFilelist--iterate....tFileInputDelimited....
   |
onsubjobok
  |
tFileCopy
tFileCopy component will work only when the previous subjob finishes, means all of files are read and transformed completely. 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello Shong,
Appreciate all your help regarding this issue. Would you mind if we exchange email address so that we might be able to communicate faster.
Thank you.
Will send a PM to you.