Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

create staging table

Hi,

I've got a MS SQL 2012 Server and I'm connection successful with the following Parameters:

DB Version: Open source JTDS

Parameters: domain=yourdomain;useNTLMv2=true

if there is a better option I would prefer to use it 0683p000009MACn.png

=======

I want to load data from a .csv file into a new created table (staging table), this .csv is changing every time if a new supplier sends it (in it are article data), my first question is - how to load this csv into a new table?

After uploading and loading the new data into the correct tables (I think this will be another post) I would like to delete or truncate the table - how to do this?

=======

Thank you for your help! 0683p000009MACn.png

apit

Labels (3)
30 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi

could you give me an example for this table?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @apit 

I would create the flow to tDBOutput like below.

image.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi 

where can I edit the schem like length an so on?

for the moment the connection is failing with the schem, without it is okay.

manodwhb
Creator III
Creator III

@apit, you just give some name,usually you should get by the DBA or if your a DBA too then you should know about these all.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@apit 

Please refer the Edit Schema button and you will get a pop up where you can enter the schema details.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@manodwhbthank you.

@nthampiI'm sorry where do I find an Edit Schema button?

schema.PNG

here?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please refer here.

image.png

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampithank you very much for your patience - now I see Smiley Happy

is there an option (I think i have seen one) getting this automatically?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@apit 

If you are using a tMap before the tMSSQLDBOutput, the schema added in the tMAP will be mapped to this component. Often, the schema in tMap will not have the length defined in the column schema. So when you are selecting the option of create table, it will try to create a String. Since the length will not be there, it will lead to error.

Another method is to create the schema in the metadata area of the Talend repository. In this case, when you are doing drag and drop, the schema will be pre-built and will be already there. In this case also, you need to make sure that schema length is defined if you are selecting "Create table".

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@nthampi 

thank you very much - I'm doing it now this way:

0683p000009M3wf.png

my problem is now selecting (SELECT * from test123) shows me 167 rows and not 3009 rows - have you any idea how to get all data?

best regards,

max