Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
modara
Creator
Creator

data from online to offline update

Dear Concern,

I have production server with MS SQL Server (Online) that have more than 20,00,000 data and I take these data to MySQL (Offline).

in MySQL I put Action On table: 'create table' and Action on data: 'insert' and take all 20,00,000 data from MS SQL to MySQL

as MS SQL Server is online and new data keep inserted so I need to take that new data to MySQL not the whole 20,00,000 + newly inserted

So I change MySQL Action On table: Default and Action on data: insert and Update

Then I click RUN (Job.....) it start taking whole data from MS SQL (

20,00,000 + newly inserted

) to My SQL

Not just the newly inserter data from MS SQL to MySQL and this causes server become slow performing

Please help

15 Replies
Alaor_Silva
Contributor
Contributor

Hi @Not defined Not defined​,

I don't know if I understood it correctly,

Do you have a primary key in your MySQL?

The Primary Key is the same as in MsSQL?

modara
Creator
Creator
Author

Hello @Alaor Silva​ 

I don't have any primary key to production server MS SQL Server (online)

but when i take data to MY SQL (Offline) I assign primary key to MY SQL server

I configured MySQL Action On table: Default and Action on data: insert and Update

and when I click RUN it takes full data from MS SQL to MY SQL not just the only updated data

modara
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Concern,

is there any one have the solution

I really need to know how I configure so when I click RUN it won't take whole data from production server just the update or newlly added data to MYSQL (Offline Data base)

thanks

modara
Creator
Creator
Author

@Xiaodi Shi​ ,

good day,

I really need help for this newly or only update data from online to offline data base. I dont want full or all data from online to offline.

Your suggestion or advice is appricable

regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

If I understand your requirement very well, it seems you are looking for changed data only?

In this way, we could capture the changed data and only load these changed data into target table to achieve table sync, you can compare tables by using tMap.

The work flow should be:

Target DB-->tMap(inner join for input and set the "Catch lookup inner join" as true)-->output

Source DB-->

The output will be the changed data.

Feel free to correct me if I misunderstand your requirement.

Best regards

Sabrina

modara
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Sabrina,

Thanks for your reply. Yes your are right. First time I want full data and next time or every time I want changed data to come from online production server database to offline database

as you advise to use tMAP then for full data I have to use without tMAP and for changed data I have to add tMAP

why cant I change the configuration in tDBOUTPUT1---- Action On table: Default and Action on data: insert and Update

by assigning a primary key

you advise is really appreciable, if you have any other solution except tMAP (inner join)

regards,

modara
Creator
Creator
Author

Dear Sabrina,

"why cant I change the configuration in tDBOUTPUT1---- Action On table: Default and Action on data: insert and Update"

I mean by changing tDBOUTPUT1 option/ configuration to ---- Action On table: Default and Action on data: insert and Update I should be able to take only changed data to offline. am I right?

regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Are you able to add the primary key in table when you are trying to insert and update from online to offline?

Best regards

Sabrina

modara
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Sabrina,

first time I take data without primary key and then next time I

add primary key in table and then I Click RUN it takes full data again

tDBOUTPUT1---- Action On table: Default and Action on data: insert and Update

it should take only changed data for above configuration