Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aisbel
Contributor
Contributor

executing a query in Snowflake

Hi,

Is there a way to execute a query in snowflake, for example creating or dropping a table

I need to suspend my warehouse by executing  "ALTER WAREHOUSE "MY_WHAREHOUSE" SUSPEND;".

Best Regards

Labels (3)
8 Replies
lojdr
Creator II
Creator II

Hello,

Not sure if there is a component for it in Talend, but you can install SnowSQL locally and call the command from the local/dedicated machine as an CLI command.

Regards
Lojdr
aisbel
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you for your replay, unfortunately I have to execute all the query throw talend

akelly
Contributor
Contributor

You could try using tJDBCRow

Anonymous
Not applicable

You can just use a tSnowflakeInput with Manual Query then send the output to a tJavaRow with a dynamic schema

0683p000009M2Ar.png0683p000009M2Ku.png

vapukov
Master II
Master II

Hi,

what's wrong with -  tSnowFlakeRow ?

regards

Anonymous
Not applicable

For every other databases, I usually got the tXXXRow but with Snowflake, you need to have an output specified while it wasnt the case on tSnowflakeInput. Some of those queries ALTER etc.. doesnt return anything therefore it will make the tSnowflakeRow failed.

After, it will be nice to retry the behavior on the new 7.1 and compare it.

vapukov
Master II
Master II

@AdrienAussie wrote:

For every other databases, I usually got the tXXXRow but with Snowflake, you need to have an output specified while it wasnt the case on tSnowflakeInput. Some of those queries ALTER etc.. doesnt return anything therefore it will make the tSnowflakeRow failed.

After, it will be nice to retry the behavior on the new 7.1 and compare it.

Hi,

sorry, I can't understand - what wrong with tSnowFlakeRow?

DROP TABLE example

same with JDBCRow

cheers

Anonymous
Not applicable

It was not working on the previous version.

Talend did a lot of work on Snowflake connectivity in the past 3-4 versions.

Cheers,