Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III

issue getting Json files from s3 to local machine

Hi everyone,

I trying to do a simple tS3List and ts3Get which iterates through multiple files and also copies it to my local machine but each json file copied has just {}... doesn't have the actual actual from s3.0683p000009M6j2.png

There are 2 json files in my "controlfiles" bucket wth the same json data(shown below).0683p000009M6j3.png

tS3List and tS3Get0683p000009M6jC.png

0683p000009M6bT.png

2 files are copied to my local dir. but the data in the files is wrong0683p000009M6T6.png

0683p000009M6jH.png

Can someone help me out?

Thanks in advance

Labels (3)
4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi,

What is the data present in the JSON files? Is it blank or some other data. Did you double check whether you are pointing to the right bucket in S3?

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi @nthampi ,

thanks for your response.

the json file on s3 has data. I used a different approach and it is resolved now.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@nivedhitha 

Could you please explain the solution for the awareness of other Talend Community members?

Please also mark your post containing answer as the solution for the topic.

Warm Regards,
Nikhil Thampi

Please appreciate our Talend community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂

nivedhitha
Creator III
Creator III
Author

oh I enabled notification on my s3 bucket and passed it to SQS and then used SQSInput in my Talend job, parsed the JSON message from the queue to get the file name and used just tS3Get with the filename and it worked fine(without ts3List it works fine).