Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Copy files if exist from a database

Hi,
i have multiple files to copy if exist. I get their name in a database but i don't know how to use them in the tFileExist component

tMysqlInput ---> tMap --> extract file name --> If exist, copy it
                              |
                              |-----> tMysqlOut --> etc.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

ddelhoume wrote:
Hi Jcs19, thanks for the help.

TMysqlOuput is used for copy one DB to another, This works great.

Maybe my explanation of my issue is not clear.
I have files in a directory (source) to copy to another (target) but ONLY if this file is referenced in the source DB.

When i try to copy file that doesn't exists in the source dir, job failed with "File XXXX does not exist".

So i tried to use tFileExist component to test the file but i don't known how to connect tMap to tFileExist.

I tried with a tMap --> tFlowToIterate ---> tFileExist -->(On Component OK) --> tFileCopy

but don't work, it seems tFileExists always answer 'OK', event if the file is missing.

Oh ok, I misunderstood
Can you try to replace "On component OK" by runIf ? In runIf you put ((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")) 
It means if tFileExist = true. 

To use if tFileExist = false you can use  !((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")) 

tFileExist seems to always returns 'OK' because OncomponentOk checks if the component worked but not if the file exists

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

after your "extract file name--->" you will have to loop in a folder and use tFileExist
To loop a folder use tFistList

What is tMysqlOut used for
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I have files in a directory (source) to copy to another (target) but ONLY if this file is referenced in the source DB.

When i try to copy file that doesn't exists in the source dir, job failed with "File XXXX does not exist".

So i tried to use tFileExist component to test the file but i don't known how to connect tMap to tFileExist.

I tried with a tMap --> tFlowToIterate ---> tFileExist -->(On Component OK) --> tFileCopy

but don't work, it seems tFileExists always answer 'OK', event if the file is missing.
Jcs19
Creator II
Creator II

ddelhoume wrote:

Oh ok, I misunderstood
Can you try to replace "On component OK" by runIf ? In runIf you put ((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")) 
It means if tFileExist = true. 

To use if tFileExist = false you can use  !((Boolean)globalMap.get("tFileExist_1_EXISTS")) 

tFileExist seems to always returns 'OK' because OncomponentOk checks if the component worked but not if the file exists
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

You did it! 🙂
It works, thanks.

Un grand merci de Toulouse 😉