Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] Failure to connect oracle database

I want to create a database connection with talend open studio. I have installed oracle 10g and sqlplus environnement.When I have tried creating a connection, I get this error:
java.lang.RuntimeException: java.sql.SQLException: Listener refused the connection with the following error:
ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
 at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.JDBCDriverLoader.getConnection(JDBCDriverLoader.java:164)
 at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataUtils.connect(ExtractMetaDataUtils.java:1049)
 at org.talend.core.model.metadata.builder.database.ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.testConnection(ExtractMetaDataFromDataBase.java:311)
 at org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ManagerConnection.check(ManagerConnection.java:266)
 at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm.checkConnection(DatabaseForm.java:2294)
 at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm.access$45(DatabaseForm.java:2217)
 at org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.database.DatabaseForm$26.widgetSelected(DatabaseForm.java:2549)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.TypedListener.handleEvent(TypedListener.java:234)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:84)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:1053)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:4066)
 at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:3657)
 at org.eclipse.jface.window.Window.runEventLoop(Window.java:825)

PS: I can  connect to oracle database using SQLPLUS successfully
Labels (5)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply but I found the solution for my problem ! the SID in the setting was false ! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Well actually the error tells us everything. Could you show us the settings of the connection? 
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your reply but I found the solution for my problem ! the SID in the setting was false ! 
ali_elamin
Contributor
Contributor

Please can you tell me how to change the SID to true 
from which setting ?

thanks,