Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

[resolved] tlogcatcher - Unable to catch the error

Hi,
I have a job as shown below in the picture. I want the stats and logs to be captured in database. I have created the relevant tables for stats, logs and flowmeter as per the schema of tstatcatcher, tflowmetercatcher, tlogcatcher.
I have enabled the project setting to use the database to capture these information
However, even though I have connected the tlogcatcher to tmysqloutput and have purposefully introduced an error, the error is not caught by tlogcatcher and is not flowing to database as well
Any ideas  on this?
Thanks in advance
Rathi
0683p000009MGJP.png0683p000009MGHv.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Talend  provides user with Stat&log in project setting and Stat&log in job view.
Stat&log in project setting is working on the whole project (Parent job and child jobs, and output them on file/DB but no context setting).
Stat&log in job view is working on the current job (you should set Stat&log of job view in both parent job and child jobs and output them on file/DB with context setting.
If you want to modify schema of log/stat file, you have to use   a  single component.
For example: tlogcather-->tMap(modify schema)-->t<xx>output..
Best regards
Sabrina

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Is there any error or java exception in your job? The tlogcatcher component will catch the messages from Java Exception, tDie and/or tWarn.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Yes there is a java exception which i have induced. I just put a wrong table name and it did not catch it
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
You have enabled the project setting to use the database to capture these information and also use tlogcatcher component in your work flow? The DB connection is Ok with you? Can you use tlogcatcher-->tlogrow to see if this error can be printed on console?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
That was my question. Should I use tlogcatcher component in the job even when I have enabled the project settings to capture the log information? 
The DB connection is ok
tlogcatcher --> tlogrow is working fine
Thanks
Rathi
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
If you have enabled the project settings to capture the log information, it's not necessary to use tlogcatcher in your workflow.
 Could you please also check out" On console" from project setting to see if the "Use logs(tLogcatcher)" option works?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. Well, that makes me ask, irrespective of whether I use "Use logs(tlogcatcher)", if there is an error in my job, it would anyway come on the console. So why must I use this component?
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Talend  provides user with Stat&log in project setting and Stat&log in job view.
Stat&log in project setting is working on the whole project (Parent job and child jobs, and output them on file/DB but no context setting).
Stat&log in job view is working on the current job (you should set Stat&log of job view in both parent job and child jobs and output them on file/DB with context setting.
If you want to modify schema of log/stat file, you have to use   a  single component.
For example: tlogcather-->tMap(modify schema)-->t<xx>output..
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok thanks Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Can we consider this topic as resolved? Feel free to let us know if there is any further help we can give.
Best regards
Sabrina