Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

tsendmail component issue

Hi all,
i'm trying to send an email from my job, for that i'm using gmail smtp shost and port number.
SMTP : smtp.gmail.com
Host :465
SSL : true
i had given email id and password.
but i'm getting Connection Refused exception
Exception in component tSendMail_1
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: smtp.gmail.com, port: 465;
nested exception is:
java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused: connect
Labels (3)
42 Replies
TXAggie00
Contributor III
Contributor III

It is a java version issue with that component. I had to roll back to 1.6.?? don't remember the minor version.
It stopped working because you probably updated java.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi magpac,
Is there any update for your issue?
Best regards
Sabrina
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi ,
I am also facing an issue with tsendmail component. I have provided correct values for SMTP HOST and PORT.  I am getting proper result when i use gmail sever HOST: "smtp.gmail.com" and PORT :465. But since i have to send mail from my organisations mail server (details given below). i am getting the below error. What could be the reason.how can i solve this?
Exception in component tSendMail_1
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.ourclients.com, port: 587;
nested exception is:
java.net.SocketException: Permission denied: connect
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.openServer(SMTPTransport.java:1282)
at com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport.protocolConnect(SMTPTransport.java:370)
--Please help me on this.
   Thanks in Advance.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi nakshh,
javax.mail.MessagingException: Could not connect to SMTP host: mail.ourclients.com, port: 587;

The error indicate that you don't have permissions to connect to the destination. Can you use your organisations mail server to send/receive an email without using Talend Tool?
Best regards
Sabrina
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sabrina,
I tried to telenet/ping my organisations mail server.Iam able to connect. Also iam able to send/receive mail without using Talend.
Thanks-nakshh
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Could you please show us your tSendMail screenshot? Did you check out "SSL Support" option?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Please find the attachment.
(Note:When i provide gmail server details,i am able to send mail from Talend tool)
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
(Note:When i provide gmail server details,i am able to send mail from Talend tool)

There is nothing wrong with your job design. Could you please indicate the build version you are using? Did this issue repro on other build version?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Build version means? whether job version or Talend tool version?
I am using Talend Enterprise Data Integration(5.5.1.r118616) and this email job which i created is 0.1 version. 
_AnonymousUser
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Sabrina,
Any solution for this?Please help.