Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TobeT
Contributor
Contributor

Bubble Layer/Chart Layer - Multiple Layers & Scaling

Hi all, 

my first post, so absolute newbie and also just started with Qlikview about a month ago, so please be gentle. I couldn't find a similar topic and couldn't find any answers in the instruction videos. So i hope i can find some answers in the community. 

Problem: 

I'm trying to plot 2 different values on a geomap (i got basic Qlikview 12.20.21 and use pointgeom/default location server) so for example i want to show the amount of repair per sales vs cost per repair sold in a region/country etc. with the bars next to each other using the same scale or a defined scale. 

At the moment whatever i do, multiple bubble or chart layers are always on top of each other and on top of that despite different sums (eg 0.1 repairs per sales / 20 cost per repair) the bars/bubbles are the same size only if i manipulate the max height I can see the two bars (see attached snap shot) but that won't ever give me the right scale. 

I have thought about using dimension in a way that i can plot both with scale, but can't figure out how to arrange the data in alteryx/excel. 

I hope you guys can help, I haven't got any exp with coding and played for 8hrs yesterday and couldn't work it out. 

Cheers,

Thomas

1 Reply
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You're on the right track, the chart layer expects a second dimension for the types of the measures so it's a data model problem. Compare how to make a grouped bar chart and having the two measures next to each other.

One trick to solve is to use value list for the chart dimension:

=ValueList('Sales','COS')

and the chart expression to pick the right measure:

=pick(match(ValueList('Sales','COS'),'Sales','COS'),
sum(Sales),
sum(COS)
)

See the example.

Thanks,
Patric