Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Differences in TravelArea between Car, Truk, Bike, Bird, Pedestrian

Hello.

I read the GeoAnalytics Doc (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Subsystems/GeoConnector/Content/connector/connector-geoanal...). I would like to know detailed the differences between the trasportation modes.

Car, truck, bike, pedestrian or bird.

1. Are there the same from Closest Operation?

2. Can you please refer me some other documentation?

Thanks

Riccardo

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JohanP
Employee
Employee

Hi Riccardo,

The transportation mode (and distanceType in Closest) works something like this:

• Car: basically drives with the speed set by the speed limit of the road on roads where cars are allowed
  • Truck: drives along roads with a max speed of 23 m/s where trucks are allowed
  • Bike: drives along roads with a max speed of 6 m/s where bikes are allowed
  • Pedestrian: walks along roads where it is allowed to walk with a speed of 1 m/s
  • Bird: flies the shortest distance with 10m/s

Note that the information in the road network is limited in many places. Specially there are in real life more limitations for trucks than are known in the data such as limits on max weights, max lengths etc.

Thanks,

Johan

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

someone can help me?

Thanks

Riccardo

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
JohanP
Employee
Employee

Hi Riccardo,

The transportation mode (and distanceType in Closest) works something like this:

• Car: basically drives with the speed set by the speed limit of the road on roads where cars are allowed
  • Truck: drives along roads with a max speed of 23 m/s where trucks are allowed
  • Bike: drives along roads with a max speed of 6 m/s where bikes are allowed
  • Pedestrian: walks along roads where it is allowed to walk with a speed of 1 m/s
  • Bird: flies the shortest distance with 10m/s

Note that the information in the road network is limited in many places. Specially there are in real life more limitations for trucks than are known in the data such as limits on max weights, max lengths etc.

Thanks,

Johan