Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thomaslarkin
Contributor II
Contributor II

Geoanalytics - issues with travel areas

Hi everyone,

My first time posting here so bear with me.  I am having some issues setting up the travelareas part of the geoanlytics connector.  I have two addresses, that i would like to analyse travel distances from.  I can load the addresses fine as points on the map.  However, when i use the connector i get the error message saying the lat and long used is an incorrect format.  Any suggestions on where i have went wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Using your data (2 entries) I don't get any error message and the Travel Areas operation finishes without problem.

I still think there's is something in your spreadsheet, maybe rows with only empty spaces. Because looking at the error message you got, it says Lines fetched: 5

The only change I made to make the script work was to remove the 'WGS84' and leave it as Auto. The proper notation would be EPSG:4326, but since it is the default already, Auto works just fine.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Do you have any empty or null values for the latitude and/or longitude fields? Thay may cause the error message. In that case you need to remove or filter the rows with null values before executing Travel Area operation.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik

thomaslarkin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

Nope only two entries pulling from a spreadsheet

IDLocationAddressLatitudeLongitude
1Tauranga Hospital 829 cameron road, tauranga-37.7073537176.149889
2Whakatane Hospitalgaraway street, whakatane-37.96399326176.978288
Jonas_Linden1
Support
Support

Hi,

By creating one field called Longitude_Latitude, and using this as the input value for the geometry in the travel areas operation, results in two nice polygons. If you don't want to script this in the editor, Sense will actually create this for you if you just drag the file when loading. If you like I can share the very basic app, so you can see the Connector settings.TA_NZ.png

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Using your data (2 entries) I don't get any error message and the Travel Areas operation finishes without problem.

I still think there's is something in your spreadsheet, maybe rows with only empty spaces. Because looking at the error message you got, it says Lines fetched: 5

The only change I made to make the script work was to remove the 'WGS84' and leave it as Auto. The proper notation would be EPSG:4326, but since it is the default already, Auto works just fine.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik

thomaslarkin
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi,

I recreated the spreadsheet again, same format as before and lo and behold its working.  Very weird, i checked for the empty spaces but maybe i had missed something.  Thanks for all your help and advice, was pulling my hair out as i couldnt see why it didnt work.