Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
martinr_
Creator
Creator

Mark sales areas on the map as an area

Hi,

we can currently use the map to mark orders and teams via geolocation.
I would now like to show the 3 sales areas as circles on the map.
Is this possible with surfaces?
If so, where and how do I have to create the geodata for the area?

Thank you for your Help,
Martin

martinr__0-1714655583129.png

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
joostvanegmond7
Partner - Contributor III

Another possible solution (without installing GeoAnaltics) is creating 3 center coordinates. Then create a density layer, choose the 3 center coordinates as location. Remove the limits at in the menu Colors and set some Opacity. Set Radius to Meters and change the radius to the desired value. 

joostvanegmond7_0-1718284320543.png

View solution in original post

5 Replies
joostvanegmond7

Hi martinr_

I would like to help you out. Do you know the "center-"coordinates of those circles? If Yes, the you can use the TravelArea GeoOperation by Bird, loading those 3 center coordinates first. You should determine the distance from the "line" to the center point. 
After you've accomplished the TravelArea GeoOperation, you'll get 3 Polygons with the 3 circles. 

Let me know if you achieved the desired result. 

Kind Regards, 

Joost van Egmond

martinr_
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Joost

currently it is done like this. Diagram map - Points with =GeoMakePoint(LATITUDE,LONGITUDE). I took a look at Bird. But I'm missing the Qlik GeoOperations option under Connection. Is my version perhaps too old, or how do I get it in there?

martinr__0-1718176897137.png

Kind Regards,
Martin

joostvanegmond7

Hi Martin,

Do you use Qlik Cloud or Qlik Sense Enterprise? When you have Qlik Sense Enterprise, you should install Qlik Geo Analytics (for free) (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/geoanalytics/Content/Qlik_GeoAnalytics/GeoAnalytics-Server/Installing-Ge...). 

After you've correctly installed QGA, you can perform the QlikGeoAnalytics Operation. In below example I used the TravelAreas Operation for a Point. 

joostvanegmond7_0-1718208515778.png

Result: 

joostvanegmond7_1-1718208615866.png

joostvanegmond7

Another possible solution (without installing GeoAnaltics) is creating 3 center coordinates. Then create a density layer, choose the 3 center coordinates as location. Remove the limits at in the menu Colors and set some Opacity. Set Radius to Meters and change the radius to the desired value. 

joostvanegmond7_0-1718284320543.png

martinr_
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Joost,

thanks for your valuable tips. GREAT!
I tested it and will install it with the corresponding coordinates and pass it on.

Have a nice Week 🙂

martinr__0-1718898993977.png