Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
socialgeekqv
Contributor
Contributor

Radius from a lat long point

Hi Qlik-ers,

I am trying to draw a circle (based on the radius in km) around a lat long point. I refer to the sample file, Shipments by distance (Qlik Sense Guides & Examples « bi.idevio.com).

1. In the sample file, x-coord and y-coord are already available. Do i have to manually convert lat,long to x,y and feed it in qliksense ?

Can I get x,y using qlik sense geoanalytics?

2. In the sample file script, there is a calculation for distance i.e. $(birdDistance(11.9709, 57.7064, x_coord, y_coord)) as dist.

Does anyone know why 1st and 2nd parameter are hardcoded?

Many Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You can also "draw circles" with the "TravelArea operation, using "bird" as transportation mode.

Check out examples and docs here:

http://bi.idevio.com/geoanalytics/geoanalytics-connector-examples

The examples you refer is one way to do it, however the example is a bit out dated, made before the launch of the connector.

It's also possible to do select with a "circle", change select mode from lasso to circle:

Map view settings->Appearance->Select Type: Circle.

Thanks,

Patric

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

Hi,

You can also "draw circles" with the "TravelArea operation, using "bird" as transportation mode.

Check out examples and docs here:

http://bi.idevio.com/geoanalytics/geoanalytics-connector-examples

The examples you refer is one way to do it, however the example is a bit out dated, made before the launch of the connector.

It's also possible to do select with a "circle", change select mode from lasso to circle:

Map view settings->Appearance->Select Type: Circle.

Thanks,

Patric

socialgeekqv
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Many Thanks Patric. Managed to get it after multiple trial and error.