Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Reversed Polygon Coordinates

Hi,

Recently I've come across a couple of xml sources where polygons are being expressed in lat long (y, x) format. Is there an easy way to convert these files so that the polygons can be read correctly? There are other formatting issues with them as well, such as simply having a space between coordinates, but that is overcome easily enough.

An example of what I'm talking about can be found in the Common Alerting Protocol xml format, such as can be found here: http://www.rfs.nsw.gov.au/feeds/majorIncidentsCAP.xml

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Flipping all the coordinates in script is a bit of a pain.

Thanks,

Rod

Labels (1)
4 Replies
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@Rodj  I used a rfs source a couple months, not the cap xml but with mixed geojson collection, maybe that can help.

See sheet "GeoJSON mix"

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/Top-10-Geo-Tips-QlikWorld-2020/ta-p/167956...

Thanks,

Patric

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

Thanks for pointing that out @Patric_Nordstrom, I'd forgotten all about it. I've had a quick go at loading the rfs json file using the Geoanalytics connector but hadn't dug into why it didn't work for the polygons. I see you've used the REST connector, useful information. I had tried loading the xml version of the same file and it has the same reversed coordinates problem as the CAP file. I'm close to having a process worked out for that but at the moment I'm ending up with a scrambled polygon.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

could be the order of the points in the polygon. I remembered I had to adjust to get that rigt.

Rodj
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni
Author

It looks kind of like every second Longitude is in the wrong place, I'll have to do some more research to work out why.