Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

TravelArea on the fly with variables

Hello,

in SaaS with GeoOperations, can I use TravelArea with variables? Like this

=GeoOperations.ScriptEvalStr('Select TravelArea from TravelAreas(costValue="$(V_POL_COST)", costUnit="$(V_POL_COST_UNIT)", transportation="$(V_POL_TRAS)")', '$(V_POL_LON_LAT)')

And the variables are written on input variables.

Thanks

Riccardo

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Datawarehouse & Business Intelligence
Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

It works fine, on Qlik Sense SaaS.

I'm able to generate a travelarea on the fly with input variables, without reload the app itself and without any table inside the script.

In the position field inside the area layer maps, put it:

=GeoOperations.ScriptEvalStr('Select TravelArea from TravelAreas(costValue="$(V_POL_COST)", costUnit="$(V_POL_COST_UNIT)", transportation="$(V_POL_TRAS)")', '$(V_POL_LON_LAT)')

and 4 input variables

V_POL_LON_LAT is for a Longitude and Latitude value (ex. [40.123,12.123])

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Riccardo
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

It works fine, on Qlik Sense SaaS.

I'm able to generate a travelarea on the fly with input variables, without reload the app itself and without any table inside the script.

In the position field inside the area layer maps, put it:

and 4 input variables

V_POL_LON_LAT is for a Longitude and Latitude value (ex. [40.123,12.123])

Riccardo Schillaci
BI Analyst
Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

See also more examples of using variables as input when using geooperations in runtime here:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-GeoAnalytics-Documents/GeoOperations-Examples-Qlik-GeoAnalytics/t...

NashaYussof
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

I have tried! Nice one! Thanks for sharing @Riccardo 

nashayussof_0-1623416373394.png

Hi @Patric_Nordstrom 

Do you think we can do the same for geo-operation binning? Dynamic binning size based on user input  at the dashboard. I saw in documentation, binning operation is only supported in load scripts.

Patric_Nordstrom
Employee
Employee

@NashaYussof Binning is not supported in runtime. GeoOperations is based on SSE and in runtime the result is returned as an expression over a dimension. It's not possible to know beforehand how many bins are returned so hence it would be difficult to do it in runtime.