Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

question

Hi,

can anybody help out on geo analytics problem.i have idevio map and on that map i have placed bubble layer with dimension country. know the problem is i want to show country on selection/filter  basis i.e when i select a particular country from filter then it will show that corresponding country only and the remaining time the map will be blank it will not show any thing.i think this is not possible with qlik geoanalytics from my point of view.

9 Replies
Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello Dilipkumar,

Yes, you can do that using the "Calculation Condition" property for the Bubble Layer.

condition.bmp

Here you can see that the bubble layer will be shown only if you have selected one Country in your filter. You can even add a Message to be displayed when the condition is not reached.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

Not applicable
Author

abc.png

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

ana

thank you for your response but it is showing me an error.

and as you shared a screenshot above  but where is the idevio map.

and my question is when you select a country from filter pane that will be displayed on ideviomap but when you deselect it the map  will be  completely blank as shown above in screenshot.it will not show anything on map until user select a particular country from filter.

Not applicable
Author

what will be the expression for this problem. i want only blank idevio map .dont want to show anything on map until user select a particular country from filter pane.and when deselect  it the map again goes blank. thank you in advance.please reply asap if you get the solution.

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hi,

Maybe I didn't understand your question. The condition that I sent you before makes the bubble layer:

1) To show a bubble only when one Country is selected (in your filter pane, table, etc).

one_selected.png

2) Show no bubbles on the map if you have selected more than one Country.

multi_selection.png

3) Show no bubbles on the map if you selected none (in Qlik this is equivalent to select All).

no_selection.png

Could you tell what is the behavior you expect?

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Then the screenshots show exactly what you are looking for, right?

In your Bubble Layer properties, go to Layer Options and add a Calculation Condition, something like:

Count(distinct Country)=1

Replace "Country" with the field that represents country in your dataset.

This way, the Bubble Layer will only display a bubble on your map whenever you had selected just one single country.

If you select more than one or remove any selection then the bubble should dissapear from the map and only the background map stays visible.

Best Regards,

Ana Yakushi

Qlik GeoAnalytics

Not applicable
Author

hi ana,

i got the solution for above discussion.

instead of using

Count(distinct Country)=1

i have used

if( get selectedcount(country)>0,country)  in bubble layer dimension. and its working.

Ana_Yakushi
Employee
Employee

That's great!

Did you add that expression as ID (Dimension) or as a Calculation Condition to show the Bubble Layer?

I am curious because I think your expression returns values whenever you have one or more countries selected and I understood that you always wanted to show results on the map when you had just one country selected.

Anyways, good to hear that you made it work!

Best Regards,

Ana

Not applicable
Author

hi ana,

i  had uses  if( get selectedcount(country)>0,country)

this expression as dimension in bubble layer. ana.png