Skip to main content

Suggest an Idea

Vote for your favorite Qlik product ideas and add your own suggestions.

Announcements
This page is no longer in use. To suggest an idea, please visit Browse and Suggest.

Support for custom alerting in Replicate and QEM

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Support for custom alerting in Replicate and QEM

Replicate and QEM allows email notifications on certain events. However, the notification mechanism is limited to emails.

I would like to propose and enhancement to both, Replicate and QEM, to allow us to integrate other notification mechanisms like ServiceNow, paging, moogsoft etc. available at out enterprise.

7 Comments
l9phan1
Creator
Creator

I completely agree with Prabodh.  For a large company, the ability to integrate with ticket system is critical.

To be consider as an enterprise application, this is a must have feature.

Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Status changed to: Open - Collecting Feedback
JCJnr
Contributor III
Contributor III

I also agree.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Prabodh @JCJnr @l9phan1 

I agree with the suggestions and also wanted to share there's a rudimentary way of accomplishing this with existing components...it's not very detailed but we were going for "better than zero":

• We have created some scripts that run continuously against the QEM telemetry database, watching the task data for changes.  This is not altogether difficult because in a credit to Qlik the database is not encrypted or obfuscated and has a simple architecture.

• When conditions exist that we wish to be notified about, such as an error state or high latency, those query results dump out into a file and we use API calls to our event management system / ServiceNow to trigger incidents and paging to support engineers.

• You can also use this method to create basic "tolerance" for errors or latency, which is something current QEM notifications cannot do.  We have values set on tasks in a control table which dictate how high latency must climb before a notification triggers.  The script watching for that condition also has a "wait" to make sure it's not just a spike that lasts 3 seconds.  We want to be paged if there's a sustained condition.

Certainly, a native capability like this would be welcome as part of QEM's evolution, but, I wanted to make sure people knew there's a way to achieve this with the tools as they exist today.

l9phan1
Creator
Creator

Thank you Stephen for the info.  We are doing something similar to what you describe above as a temporary measure. 

Meghann_MacDonald

From now on, please track this idea from the Ideation portal. 

Link to new idea

Meghann

NOTE: Upon clicking this link 2 tabs may open - please feel free to close the one with a login page. If you only see 1 tab with the login page, please try clicking this link first: Authenticate me! then try the link above again. Ensure pop-up blocker is off.

Ideation
Explorer II
Explorer II

Status changed to: Closed - Archived