Skip to main content
Announcements
NEW: Seamless Public Data Sharing with Qlik's New Anonymous Access Capability: TELL ME MORE!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kunali
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Logical Model changes not reflecting in Insight Advisor Chat

I am making adjustments to the logical model of an application, specifically to hide certain master measures and dimensions. However, despite these changes, the hidden fields are still visible in the Insight Advisor Chat. It appears that modifications in the logical model are not being applied to the Insight Advisor Chat. Are the logical model and vocabulary supported by Insight Advisor Chat? Qlik Insight Advisor 

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
diegozecchini
Creator
Creator

Hi! From what I know the logical model and vocabulary are generally supported; however, there can be a delay or certain limitations in how these changes reflect in the Insight Advisor Chat. The changes to the logical model, like hiding master measures and dimensions, should typically be recognized by the Insight Advisor Chat. Here are a few things you can check or try:

Insight Advisor Chat might cache the fields, so refreshing or reopening the chat could help.

I would ensure that the changes you made in the logical model are correctly saved and validated. In some cases, changes might not apply if there are inconsistencies or errors in the model.

I would try also to clear the browser cache or refreshing the Qlik environment could prompt the changes to take effect.

Let me know if you solve it.

regards,

Diego

View solution in original post

4 Replies
diegozecchini
Creator
Creator

Hi! From what I know the logical model and vocabulary are generally supported; however, there can be a delay or certain limitations in how these changes reflect in the Insight Advisor Chat. The changes to the logical model, like hiding master measures and dimensions, should typically be recognized by the Insight Advisor Chat. Here are a few things you can check or try:

Insight Advisor Chat might cache the fields, so refreshing or reopening the chat could help.

I would ensure that the changes you made in the logical model are correctly saved and validated. In some cases, changes might not apply if there are inconsistencies or errors in the model.

I would try also to clear the browser cache or refreshing the Qlik environment could prompt the changes to take effect.

Let me know if you solve it.

regards,

Diego

mshann01
Creator
Creator

Interestingly enough, I've had this same exact problem this week.  The Logical model's main purpose is for Insight Advisor so it's definitely supported.  We are on Qlik Cloud and I noticed that I had to disable Insight Advisor in hub and then reenable it to get some of the changes I made to the logical model to get reflected.  I still notice that hidden fields are being used and sometimes preferred over non-hidden fields.  For instance, I have a "Year" field that I wanted to use for my IA query.  Instead, it found a birthdate field and insisted on using that instead.  Asking IA for the dimensions, it shows only the "Year" field.  I'm not sure the hidden/visible works as intuitively as we might expect.

Kunali
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Thank you, Diego! This worked for me. 

Here's what I did: after setting the measures as hidden, I performed a data reload and then a refresh. Sometimes, changes to the logical model may not immediately take effect in Insight Advisor unless the insights are refreshed.

Additionally, I would suggest to make sure that after marking the measures as "hidden" in the logical model, the data load script is correctly reloaded and saved. If the reload wasn’t successful, the changes may not be applied.

Best regards,

Kunali

seanbruton
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Superb, very helpful solution!!!