Skip to main content
Announcements
Accelerate Your Success: Fuel your data and AI journey with the right services, delivered by our experts. Learn More
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rajesh_Reddy1
Contributor
Contributor

DB connection failure for DB configuration in TAC

Hi Team,

I have installed Talend latest version. when i'm configuring the TAC. its sending me error for DB connection.

I have cleared the temp and work folder in tomcat-apache folder it got worked for the first time and then after sometime its getting disconnecting.

Regards,

Rajesh REddy

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Try changing the URL field with the IP address of your MySQL server instead of using localhost.

In addition, try configuring the TAC db connection to indicate to MySQL server  that 
it is a non SSL connection to be established between the TAC and MySQL server.
To implement this solution, the "useSSL" property set to "false"  is passed via MySQL JDBC connect string.

Against this specific issue, just replace the TAC Database parameter Url value 
jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/talend_administrator
by this value : 
jdbc:mysql://127.0.0.1:3306/talend_administrator?useSSL=false

Please don't forget to kudo and accept as resolution if this resolves the issue.

Rajesh_Reddy1
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@jhackworth: Thank you for the reply, I have tried replacing the localhost with IP address but its still the same. i'm facing the below error

ERROR: Cannot connect to database (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Have you tried to modify 'wait_timeout' in your MySql DB to see if it works?

Best regards

Sabrina

ThWabi
Creator II
Creator II

Hello Rajesh Reddy,

have you tried to place the mysql-connector-java.jar file in "<Tomcat_Directory>\webapps\org.talend.administrator\WEB-INF\lib"?

Best regards,

Thomas

arjunrv88
Contributor
Contributor

I am facing the same issue for Talend Data Fabric 7.0.1 version.

I am using  "mysql Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.7.25, for Linux (x86_64)". I did place mysql java connector file in apache-tomcat/webapps/org.talend.administrator/WEB-INF/lib folder. Tried changing the connection string with FQDN, IP address and also by adding ?useSSL=false at the end of the connection string, still get the same error message. (Cannot connect to database (Communications link failure The last packet sent successfully to the server was 0 milliseconds ago. The driver has not received any packets from the server.)) 

Any help would be appreciated.

anselmopeixoto
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

I was facing the same issue on Talend Data Fabric 7.0.1 trying to connect to MySQL 8.0.15 on localhost.

Adding ?useSSL=false to the connection string solved the problem with no need to change localhost to the host IP.

Thank you @jhackworth 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for the suggestions. I did try your first suggestion before I posted to this forum. I just tried your REPLACE method and the editor complains about the syntax and throws an error. I will open up a TAC case and see what happens. Will update the thread if TAC or I come up with a solution.

Thanks,

Regards,

Stephen

Showbox

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello @Staphenjaxk 

Feel free to let us know if there is no response about your issue.

Please post your support case id and I will escalate this to the support team.

Best regards

Sabrina