Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Delimited File Preview error to load to table

Hi All,
Earlier i could able to load data from delimited flat file(*.txt, *.csv, *.xls) to table, but suddenly I m facing below error. Even i couldnt able to preview the delimited file. Can anyone help on this?
Output not generated.
Preview error. Some settings must be changed.
Note: Preview errors are generally due to a wrong encoding setting.
org.talend.designer.runprocess.shadow.ShadowFilePreview.preview(ShadowFilePreview.java:90)
org.talend.repository.ui.utils.ShadowProcessHelper.getCsvArray(ShadowProcessHelper.java:383)
org.talend.repository.ui.wizards.metadata.connection.files.delimited.DelimitedFileStep2Form$PreviewProcessor.nonUIProcessInThread(DelimitedFileStep2Form.java:1246)
org.talend.commons.ui.swt.thread.SWTUIThreadProcessor$1.run(SWTUIThreadProcessor.java:74)
Thanks
Kavitha L

Labels (2)
75 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Im new to TOS and im getting this error for any file format that im taking for my delimited file,

Did you get this issue when creating a file delimited metadata for your delimited file? Have you tried to read another delimited file to see if this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi heesham_y,

What's you OS and JDK version? What's your current job situation? Creating file delimited metadata?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Im using win7 and JDK 1.6 . Im trying to create the delimited file from metadata and stuck at the Step 3. i.e after loading my .csv/.txt file, output shows the above error.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Have you tried to use another .csv/.txt file to see if this issue repro? Have your talend studio been executed successfully before? What's talend build version you are using?
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

yes I tried using different files and small size .txt files too.. yes it did execute the simple.. Build 5.2.1
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I have made a testing on talend open studio for Data Integration 5.2.1, everything is OK with me. Could you upload your metadata setting screenshot into forum? What your input file looks like? Is there any other talend studios in your machine? Does this issue repro?
Best regards
Sabrina
0683p000009M9z3.png
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

im using the example codes provided by talend.
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

nevermind. i installed the latest version of Talend. all seems to work fine. thank u and sorry fr the trouble..
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
im using the example codes provided by talend.

Please show us about it so that we can get your situation more precisely.
Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
Thanks for your quick response.
Best regards
Sabrina