Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
A_San
Contributor
Contributor

Open Studio giving error in Windows 10 but working fine in Windows 7

I created few Talend ETL jobs in Windows 7 which worked fine. I was given a new laptop with Windows 10. When I exported and imported the jobs, I am getting these compilation errors only in Windows 10 which worked perfectly fine in Windows 7. I didn't change anything. Attached the screenshots of the error. 

Then I deleted everything in Windows 10 thinking that my export and import didn't work properly, did a fresh installation and created the job again from scratch but I am still getting the same errors.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable

Refer to installation documentation, only Java 8 or 11 is supported java version.
https://help.talend.com/reader/LttzgwOFiGHMMQZAUlZfMg/tHEyjp1YQPF0teohJoBueA

I am using Java 8, I don't have compilation error after importing your job.

View solution in original post

14 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Are you using the same version of studio on Windows 10 and Windows 7? I am using Windows 10, would you mind sending me a simple job for testing on my side?

Regards
Shong
A_San
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@shong 

Yes it is the same version.

I have exported one of my job and zipped it and attached herewith. Please let me know if you are able to import it.

NMCP.zip
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi
I am able import your job to Talend Studio v7.2.1, and it does not has compilation error.
Which version of studio are you using? Can you please check the Java version on both two OS?
Regards
Shong
A_San
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@shong 

I am using the same version - Talend Open Studio v7.2.1

This is what I have on Windows 10

Java.PNG

Anonymous
Not applicable

Refer to installation documentation, only Java 8 or 11 is supported java version.
https://help.talend.com/reader/LttzgwOFiGHMMQZAUlZfMg/tHEyjp1YQPF0teohJoBueA

I am using Java 8, I don't have compilation error after importing your job.

A_San
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@shong 

If you see my screenshot that I sent earlier, it has Java 8 update 211. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

i see you have different version of Java installation on your system, take a look at the log file to check which java version are using to launch studio, the log file is located in <studio installation folder>/workspace/.metadata/.
You will find some information like:
!SESSION 2019-12-18 10:52:34.593 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.8.0_221
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=en
Command-line arguments: -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
A_San
Contributor
Contributor
Author

@shong 

Excellent!!! I checked the log and it was pointing to java.version=12.0.1. I uninstalled all the versions and installed JDK 8 and now the compilation errors are gone. Many Many thanks to you. I was struggling with this issue for more than 2 months. Appreciate all your help.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Great, glad to see you have it works now. 0683p000009MA9p.png