Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS-DI 7.0.1 with Mac OS X Mojave

Hi!

So, I upgraded to Mojave this morning.  I was trying to use a tMap component in my Designer and after I entered the editor for the tMap, I clicked "OK" and TOS crashed to desktop.

Is this a known bug or am I just running into some type of config issue?

Thanks!

Adam

Labels (2)
118 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Given the issues affects multiple versions of TOS hopefully the fix can be applied to all versions as well. 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

Despite the “fix version” fields is unknown, we aim at getting this compatibility issue fixed for your next 7.2.

New MacOS Majove was launched on 24/09/2018 that time was too short between the official release of Mojave and talend 7.1.1 release.  And the major issue with tMap was fixed for 7.1.1 by our  R&D team from code side and need further testing on it.

We will keep you posted.

Best regards

Sabrina

diazsmiedts
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sabrina, 

The announcement and very mature betas of Mojave have been around sinds before this summer, so saying that it was only released in September is just an excuse. Other vendors succeed in supporting a new OS before it is released, I expected the same here. That is what all the betas are for. 

What is the timeframe for the 7.2 release? March 2019? And how will this be addressed for the subscription based Studio editions? Will paying customers also have to wait and be forced to upgrade to 7.2? Because this issue is not limited to the Open Studio variants versions 6.x and 7.x, the issues exists within the subscription based Data Fabric.

As the tMap is an essential component in any integration project, Talend cannot expect us to hold out for the 7.2 release and also force us to upgrade to it. A hot fix or patch should be made available to address the issue in all releases. If we can build and release independent components regardless of what Talend version they run in, why is the tMap so different? 

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,

thank you for all your messages but i need the time before the next fix to know if i could waiting for it ... without talend i can't work 0683p000009MPcz.png

Ed6
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Sabrina,

We're bringing on a new team member and all macs sold new are now coming equipped with Mac OS X Mojave with a downgrade not possible. This also impacts our Talend Studio licensing and jobs built on the platform.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello,

We're awfully sorry for the inconvenience caused and We really appreciate your understanding in this regard.

We will keep on escalating the issue in the R&D to see if there will be any solution made available as a patch or hotfix and can be applied to current versions as well.

We'll try to inform you through the Community about the progress. 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello All,

The Status of this jira issue:https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-20745 has been set as FINAL CHECK.

Here is a comment from our Project Manager;

"There was a known issue from eclipse platform for the latest Mac with the touch bar.
Issue was not found on the studio (as we don't use the touch bar on studio)

Means at the date of today there is no more known issue on Mojave, so still consider the support on 7.1.1.

Please note that no any screenshot will be generated on t*Map components (tMap / tXmlMap / tELTMap) for the job documentation on Mac with the OS Mojave.

Screenshots will work as normal for any other OS"

We'll keep you informed through the Community about the progress. 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks @xdshi for the update.

I note there is a reference to the issue on touch bar macs and wanted to point out that I'm experience this issue on a mac without Touch Bar 

Also the TUP-20866 link doesn't appear to be viewable without a login to Jira?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @AB

TUP-20866 is set as Talend internal (Only Talend employees will be able to see the issue).

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Touch bar?? My mac does not have a touch bar and still my talend crashes whenever I click on apply or OK on my tmap.

I do not see any relation here. Can you please throw some more light on what could be the reason?