Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
frak
Contributor
Contributor

TOS/DI 8.0.1.20211109_1610 - unable to use MSSQL lib NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/bind/DataTypeConverter

I last used Talend 10 years ago. awesome product. I have need to load XML data into a SQL Server, as I have done very easily in the past.

I have downloaded required libs on two machines - including mssql-jdbc 6 (sqljdbc42.jar from MS site). I get the error, as shown below. I do have javax.xml.bind installed, as you can see in the second screenshot.

I have used Java and Eclipse many times over the years, but in no way would claim to be a Java developer. What am I missing, here?

Why is the library apparently missing, when it is installed?

0695b00000QBxV9AAL.png

0695b00000QBxViAAL.png

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Does this issue only repro on V 8.0.1?

Could you give this a try......

Go to Window ---> Preferences --> Maven and then untick the "Offline" checkbox.

Click "Apply and Close".

You may need to restart your Studio as well.

Feel free to let us know if it is OK with you.

Best regards

Sabrina

frak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

thanks for the response. Where I am trying to get this installed is restricted, so the libraries are installed manually (by getting paths from the local Maven files.)

That made no difference

frak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

is there some verbose settings and/or log files I can supply?

All I can see in the .log file is the stack dump that appears in the error message.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

We are supposing that there is something wrong with your jar file.

Here is a solution in this thread:

https://community.talend.com/s/question/0D53p00008WE3eUCAT/cannot-connect-to-microsoft-sql-server-no...

You are able to open the error log generated automatically by the Studio to see whether you have error stack trace there.

About how to open this error log: in your Studio, click Window to open the menu, then select Show View->General->Error Log. Once you see an error, double click it.

Feel free to let us know if it help.

Best regards

Sabrina

frak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

I have this error on multiple machines, with the MS jar file downloaded at different times.

I am ok with trying a different version of the MS jar file - but where could I get a different file? I can only find the current file MS have on their website.

That linked ticket does not show where to get the "right" jar. I downloaded mine from https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=11774 and it is version 6.0.8112.200

i have also tried the open source alternative (JDTS) with different errors instead.

regards

Mathew

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

What's DB version you are using?

Please install the right jar file according to the DB version you select.

Here is online documentation for V 8.0.1 about: TalendHelpCenter: Supported Third-Party System/Database/Business Application Versions

Best regards

Sabrina

frak
Contributor
Contributor
Author

MS SQL Server 2016/2017/2019.

I have been installing the 6.x version drivers only because that is what the the application said - SQL 6.0.0 is listed.

i have been able to get the JTDS version running (but no AD Authentication - even when I install the JAR required for that)

Since the page you referenced refers to version 10 (maybe you should update what your application says - I realised it was an old version but did not want to use something apparently unsupported)

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-gb/sql/connect/jdbc/download-microsoft-jdbc-driver-for-sql-server?view=sql-server-ver15

I will download and try this.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

What is the Java version on your Studio after installing the required driver file?

Best regards

Sabrina