Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

TOS DI v7.1.1, nothing happens when I want to install Additional Packages

Java : jre1.8.0_201 (64 bits)

Talend DI : v7.1.1 (20181026_1147)

Proxy : none

I'm trying to install the new version of TOS DI v.7.1.1 on Windows 10 but I didn't manage to install any additional packages. I can see optional (2079) and required packages (47) but when I'm clicking on "Finish", nothing is happening...

I've seen that the default url : https://update.talend.com/Studio/tos/7.1.1/ is taking me to a 404 web page. Is it normal?

I tried several solutions coming from previous posts but without any success.

Could you help me as we need to make Talend work in the version 7.1.1 to be able to plug it on a MySQL 8?

Thanks!

Labels (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @Ed @jguerin @MikaelWideheim @Moe

We deployed the last patched version of the nexus hosting talend-update.talend.com on Friday and do not ring any alarm on our side and tests done did not trigger any issue on our side.

Could you please try to install Additional Packages to see if it is OK with you from your end?

Our apologies for the inconvenience.

Best regards

Sabrina

View solution in original post

39 Replies
vapukov
Master II
Master II

today you are not alone 🙂 look like some Talend side global issue

I also can not install 2 additional packages from Mac OS (all other was successfully installed ages ago), and know one more person who also unsuccessful under Windows 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for your support.

I did other tests as well and it doesn't work under Windows 7 (32 bits/64 bits), behind a proxy or not... 

Tony_C
Contributor
Contributor

Hello,

I have the same problem since yesterday, nothing happens when I want to install Additional Packages.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

...same for me with Win 7 / TOS v7.1.1. Is there already a solution? 

Thanks in advance!

vapukov
Master II
Master II

Talend Staff is here, sure they report about serious issue

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @jguerin@veee@vapukov@maspa@Tony_C

The nexus server availability is OK with us. Please try to install external libraries manually from Talend Modules view, download this jar from nexus server and then install it from Talend Modules view. Feel free to let us know if this temporary solution OK with you.

Installing external libraries into studio automatically is still not working now. So far, more work is required to have talend-update.talend.com working properly. 

The last issue which remains is near to be addressed. A team of people from Talend worked actively on producing a solution to get rid of the situation. We’ll keep you posted. 

Apologies for the inconvenience! 

Best regards

Sabrina

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Do you need many modules just for the MySQL components?

If you only need 1 or 2 .jars, you can download them manually from https://mvnrepository.com/, then install them manually through the Modules view (Window >> Show View >> Modules). Afterwards, click on Import External Jars button, then select the jar that you have downloaded.

0683p000009M1rK.jpg

It's not an elegant solution especially if you have lots of jars to install... I'm currently using this method as a temporary solution for my missing modules.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello @veee

We are really sorry for the inconvenience! We are actively working on fixing it and we’ll keep you updated within the next 12h.

Best regards

Sabrina

MikaelWideheim
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

We have the same issue!

Have also logged a ticket at support!

Best regards

Mikael