Skip to main content
Announcements
SYSTEM MAINTENANCE: Thurs., Sept. 19, 1 AM ET, Platform will be unavailable for approx. 60 minutes.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend Installation Problems

I am very new to Talend and asked to look into an Open Studio ESB project.

I am not sure in which version of Talend ESB the project was built but there are some recordings(internal) where I can see the person opened 7.1 and the recordings was a year-old from now

I am using macOS 10.15.3, installed Talend Open Studio 7.3, and worked on the job, created the jar after the changes and deployed.

But that jar is not at all working and the weird thing is I don't have experience to login to the server to see the actual issue. 

My question here is with 7.3 jar file, I can see the folder structure is different than older versions so will this impact or runtime in the server needs to be updated or not?

If I am trying to install dmg, zip versions of the older versions like 7.1 or 7.2 installations are not happening at all.

I am having zulu11 JDK.  

Not sure what I am missing and any insights are really helpful.

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
According to the installation documention, you are use supported OS and java environment for v 7.3. Can you please provide more details about the issue? Which jar?
jar version?
error messages?
Does the job or services run fine in studio?

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I can't see the issue as I don't have the dev environment to see the running of the jar.

So what I did is I took the job metadata and cloned to my local and opened the job in Talend ESB 7.3 .

Did the changes and saved. Then on the main job right clicked and used "build job" option and then it asked me to save the .jar file.

I am not sure how to find the jar version also (but I can see some lines in the manifest file of the jar I created)

"Require-Capability: osgi.ee;filter:="(&(osgi.ee=JavaSE)(version=9))"" --> Dont know whether you are looking for this or not.

I changed a field calculation in a tMap component and I tested the formula inside the component and it looks like its working fine there.

Then once the jar is ready I need to upload to our git server and deployment will be taken care by a process called puppet which again I don't have control to see how the jar is running and what is the issue,

I am saying that the jar is not working because every 10 min the puppet will pick the jar and replace the old one. If I test then I am not seeing any results. Then I am replacing with old jar and testing which is working fine.

Sorry I know I am not able to give more context of the errors but I am mainly looking help in the point of version/OS/java versions dependency with old versions of studio files.