Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6 does not start correctly

The new edition of Talend Open Studio for Big Data 6 (TOS_BD-20150702_1326-V6.0.0.zip) does not start completely. I get into the project selection screen. After clicking on "finish" the following ERROR appears and
the studio does not start.
I am in a restricted company network and so the application will not be able to get an internet connection.
java.lang.NullPointerException
    at org.talend.designer.codegen.JavaRoutineSynchronizer.doSyncRoutine(JavaRoutineSynchronizer.java:145)
    at org.talend.designer.codegen.AbstractRoutineSynchronizer.syncRoutine(AbstractRoutineSynchronizer.java:169)
    at org.talend.designer.codegen.JavaRoutineSynchronizer.syncRoutineItems(JavaRoutineSynchronizer.java:103)
    at org.talend.designer.codegen.JavaRoutineSynchronizer.syncAllRoutinesForLogOn(JavaRoutineSynchronizer.java:82)
    at org.talend.core.CoreService.syncAllRoutines(CoreService.java:281)
    at org.talend.core.repository.model.ProxyRepositoryFactory.logOnProject(ProxyRepositoryFactory.java:1826)
    at org.talend.repository.ui.login.LoginHelper$2.run(LoginHelper.java:404)
    at org.eclipse.jface.operation.ModalContext$ModalContextThread.run(ModalContext.java:122)
This issue appears regardless for existing project, new projects or imported demo projects. I also tried different downloads and unzip tools.
Best regards,
  Chris

Labels (2)
54 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Upload did not work. Trying again with changed filename.
metadata.log.log
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Ok. No other choice than to past the log directly into the forum
!SESSION 2015-07-10 09:59:06.212 -----------------------------------------------
eclipse.buildId=unknown
java.version=1.7.0_79
java.vendor=Oracle Corporation
BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86_64, WS=win32, NL=de_DE
Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86_64
!ENTRY org.eclipse.equinox.ds 4 0 2015-07-10 09:59:07.171
!MESSAGE FrameworkEvent ERROR
!STACK 0
org.osgi.framework.BundleException: Could not resolve module: org.eclipse.equinox.ds
  Unresolved requirement: Import-Package: org.eclipse.equinox.internal.util.event; version="1.0.0"
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.Module.start(Module.java:434)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1582)
at org.eclipse.osgi.container.ModuleContainer$ContainerStartLevel.incStartLevel(ModuleContainer.java:1562)
a

To see the whole post, download it here
OriginalPost.pdf
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi @xdshi, the env variable and stack trace is as follows: (from @ravived)
0683p000009MAbn.png
i checked steps mentioned in Jira -> 
https://jira.talendforge.org/browse/TUP-2861
1) did not find  configuration/maven_user_settings.xml   xml in mentioned folder!
("It works on my Machine" horror again -> Time for Docker images of Talend 0683p000009MACn.png )
0683p000009MASd.png
Also, version 5.6.2 works ok. So something messed up with the packaging of 6.0 i guess??
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Mehul you're great man! This works for me
thanks!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
To make sure that it is not a problem related to our firewall I tried to deinstall Talend and to reinstall it when I was outside of our company network and directly connected to the internet, but I still faced the same problem.
Where can I perhaps find an older version until the problem is fixed?
Regards
Stephan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
I also had a similar issue. This seems to be caused because you need a proxy to access the maven repository.
I was able to resolve it by downloading the artifact in Maven manually by running the command as below:
>mvn install:install-file -Dfile=C:\Users\mv09605\Downloads\maven-resources-plugin-2.7.jar -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.plugins -DartifactId=maven-resources-plugin -Dversion=2.7 -Dpackaging=jar
I hope this helps.
Regards,
Mehul

Thanks Mehul
Installing Maven and running line below from the command line worked for me
mvn install:install-file -Dfile=**REPLACE WITH FULL FILELOCATION**\maven-resources-plugin-2.7.jar -DgroupId=org.apache.maven.plugins -DartifactId=maven-resources-plugin -Dversion=2.7 -Dpackaging=jar
Cheers
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
in which directory do I have to execute mvn install command for the downloaded jar file? There are many dirs with a pom.xml within the Talend installation.
Thanks
Stephan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
So far,  java 7 will no longer be "supported"(actually, we don't provide an SLA and technical support for them) starting with v6.0.
We cannot repro this issue on our side. Did you download TOS studio 6.0(20150702_1326) from Talend Official Website?
https://www.talend.com/download/talend-open-studio

Best regards
Sabrina
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Sabrina,
Does this mean that Open Studio 6.0 requires JDK 8. In this case it would be very helpful if you would update your prerequisite information on  , because there I find JDK 7 as prerequisite. 
And yes I installed it from your official site 
Regards
Stephan
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,
gave it a try with JDK 8 - same problem.
Here is what I did:

Uninstalled Talend
Installed JDK 1.8.0_45
Set JAVA_HOME to the new JDK installation directory
Reinstalled Talend Open Studio Data Integration.

Regards
Stephan