Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ubuntu 18.04 - Talend does not start - missing libraries ( libswt-pi4-gtk )

Hi,

This error on start:

java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: Could not load SWT library. Reasons:

no swt-pi4-gtk-4922r32 in java.library.path

no swt-pi4-gtk in java.library.path

/home/ubuntu/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-pi4-gtk-4922r32.so: libgtk-3.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Can't load library: /home/ubuntu/.swt/lib/linux/x86_64/libswt-pi4-gtk.so

I've installed libswt libs, but they;'re all v3. not v4.  Any ideas?

Labels (2)
8 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi
It is an issue with eclipse, you need to install libswt-gtk-3-java and libswt-gtk-3-jni packages. For more information, see
https://askubuntu.com/questions/125150/unsatisfied-link-error-and-missing-so-files-when-starting-ecl...

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm afraid this doesn't work.  I've tried lots of combinations, but nothing on those links works.

Those libraries are pi3 not pi4.  Something has moved on, seems that Talend won't work in this environment?

I actually installed this version of ubuntu as that's the recommended version, so not sure why it doesnt work.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi codek
I don't use Ubuntu, I searched and found a KB article about this issue and it provides the solution is: install libswt-gtk-3-java and libswt-gtk-3-jni packages.

Can you provide also these information?
- Java version
- Talend Studio version

Regards
Shong
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I agree that solution used to work - but it no longer works because it's now on version 4 of that library for some reason, not 3.

is there a version of linux that actually works with v7.1?  I'm happy to switch distro if thats what it takes, but this *is* the recommended version according to the pages on the talend website.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hello, I use the Talend-Studio-20181026_1147-V7.1.1 in Ubuntu 18.04.3 with java version 1.8.0_231, studio can start.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

@codek, our colleague has tested and confirmed v7.1.1 works on Ubuntu 18.04, can you check your JDK version or provide something else that helps us to reproduce the issue. BTW, you can test also the latest version 7.3.1 and see if you have the same issue. 

Regards

Shong

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

OK. I'll check this again on Monday, but this was a brand new clean ubuntu spun up on EC2, with those extra libraries installed.

I even used the Java VM that was recommended on the support pages (as well as openjdk)

viorel_duina
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,

For me it worked the following:

• Update the package index:

# sudo apt-get update

• Install libswt-gtk-4-java deb package:

# sudo apt-get install libswt-gtk-4-java

Thanks to this:

https://debian.pkgs.org/10/debian-main-amd64/libswt-gtk-4-java_4.10.0-3_amd64.deb.html